- https://www.pharmacytimes.com.au (Site) is owned and operated by us (PT, We, Us or Our).
- The Site may contain external links to other websites and We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
- We may collect and hold Your personal information, which is reasonably necessary for Us to perform Our business functions and activities. The kinds of personal information We collect from You may include:
- name, address and other contact details (including telephone numbers and email addresses);
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as preferences, interests and information from customer surveys; and
- any other personal information, which may be required in order to facilitate Your dealings with Us.
- In accordance with Privacy Principle 12 We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 15 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Site. If You are under the age of 15, please do not register for the Site or send any of Your personal information to Us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may collect Your personal information when You:
- create an account/login on the Site;
- make an enquiry or provide feedback on Our Site;
- subscribe to, request or We provide any of Our newsletters or other marketing material to You;
- participate in any of Our surveys, promotions, or any other marketing campaigns;
- access Our Site through any external third-party application, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram; or
- contact Us via any medium of communication.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We collect Your personal information to provide better services to You including:
- to identify Your preferences, trends and interests;
- identify ways to personalise, improve and enhance Your access to and use of the Site;
- to communicate with You effectively in relation to Our Site, inquiries, complaints or comments;
- to promote Our Site or the services of a third party;
- for market and business research purposes;
- for marketing and advertising purposes;
- analyse how You use Our Site; and
- to comply with Our legal and regulatory obligations or otherwise required by law.
- We may anonymise Your personal information, so that You cannot be individually identified, and provide that anonymised information to Our partners or affiliates for the purpose of Our partners or affiliates providing You with more targeted and relevant advertisements or services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will only use Your personal information as reasonably necessary for the above purposes, unless We have Your permission or are required by law to otherwise handle Your information. We may disclose Your personal information for the above purposes to the following people and entities:
- any of PT’s associated entities, publisher/content providers, business associates or subsidiaries;
- any of PT’s contractors and service providers,
- Our professional advisers, such as Our lawyers, accountants and auditors; and
- government and regulatory authorities, and other parties if required or permitted by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We endeavour to protect the privacy of Your personal information but We cannot guarantee complete security of the information We hold. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
- We use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of Your personal information including:
- restricting access;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised access; and
- securely destroying personal information no longer needed for Our record retention purposes.
- We may collect information about You automatically when You interact with Our Site, this is known as “cookie” information. We ensure Your anonymity by cookie information in de-identified form. We may provide this cookie information to Our partners so that Our partners can provide You with an optimal online experience.
- This cookie information may be provided, to third party websites to allow such websites to show You advertisements for similar services that are available from Us or from third parties.
- Your Internet browser may allow You to transmit “do-not-track signals” or other consumer choice mechanisms regarding the collection of behavioural tracking data. Like many websites We do not alter Our practices when We receive a do-not-track signal.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In accordance with the Privacy Principle 13, You may request access to Your personal information held by Us by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If You believe that any of Your personal information held by Us is incorrect, You may contact Us to request a correction. If We are satisfied that a correction is required, We will take reasonable steps to correct the personal information within 28 days of receipt of Your email.
- You must provide Us with evidence to confirm Your identity before We will provide access to or correct Your personal information. Evidence may include a copy of Your driver’s licence.
- We may charge You any reasonable costs of providing You with access or correcting Your personal information.
COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
- If You are concerned that We have not acted in accordance with the Privacy Act or that Your privacy has been interfered with, You may make a complaint by contacting Us at email@example.com.
- Once a complaint has been lodged, We will use Our best endeavours respond to You within 28 days, although We may request further information for the purpose of considering Your complaint. If We take longer than 28 days to investigate Your complaint, We will advise You of the likely response time.
- If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on 1300 363 992.
Last Updated: 28 April 2020